Carriage Prices & Booking Terms
Our Wedding Carriage, Mercedes Service, Feathers & Champagne
Our Glass Landau Carriage is Black & Cream, built in 1972 Germany, it has a luxurious Silver leather interior and fully closing doors and windows.
The roof folds down to make the arrival and occasion feel truly regal. Nothing beats having the roof folded down for the summer. Even with the top up and the doors shut everyone can still see the bride clearly.
Tartan Carriages give our clients the best choice and service. No Car in Gretna Green has the presence of our Glass Landau, rain or shine.
Feathers and Ribbons
We dress our horses with white Ostrich feathers to give your day that extra WOW factor, or you can chose from our selection.
We have white available free of charge. Other colours to hire are + £5:
- Dark Red
- Dark Blue
- Sky Blue
Most other colours are available from our supplier at an extra cost of £50
Prices and Areas covered
Remember – Only with Tartan Carriages, do you have your carriage pulled by 2 horses as standard, with your chosen flowing Feathers as an extra touch, you know you will delight your guests.
£20 – for an extra pick up* Check for availability. NOT available on some routes.
Prices just outside Gretna
£280 Days Inn to Gretna Green or The Mill Forge – + £10 to Gretna Venues
£300 Gretna Green to the Mill at Kirkpatrick Flemming. (5 Miles round trip). Allow sufficient time
£310 Gretna pickups to the Mill at Kirkpatrick (6 – 6 1/2 Miles round trip). Allow sufficient time / we may offer you our pick up service as part of the journey.
* £280 Mill at Kirkpatrick Special round trip wedding.
We pick up the bride and guests in the carriage before the wedding and treat them to a short drive.
After the ceremony and photos we take the bride and groom of for a romantic drive for 15 minutes.
* £360 Aston to the Crichton – Plus (Special Double Run for Bridesmaids included)
* from £395 all other venues / Pickups
* £420 Local area to the Town centre Venues, then a drive after for the Bride and Groom
Dryfe Church, Dryfesdale Country House, Queens Hotel, Somerton House, Kings Arms, The Crown. Other areas on request.
* Registry Office to Carlisle Centre £395
Other routes from £400 prices on request
* All other prices as requested via Enquiry form/ Email or Telephone.
- ALL BOOKINGS ARE TAKEN IN GOOD FAITH, WE HOLD YOUR BOOKING FOR 10 DAYS. IF NO PAYMENT IS RECIEVED WE WILL RELEASE THE DATE.
- BOUNCED CHEQUES ARE CHARGED AT £20
- ALL BALANCES MUST BE PAID 30 DAYS BEFORE WEDDING.
- NO FEES ON THE DAY AS IT IS EMBARRASSING FOR US TO ASK FOR MONEY FROM THE BRIDE ON THE HOTEL DOOR STEP
- Booking fee for 2022 & 2023 – £100
- £200 for bookings over £400
- Smaller amounts can be arranged at our discretion
Where we will cover
We can happily travel Up to 100 miles from Annan to make your day special *
- Dumfries, Lockerbie, Carlisle & Brampton Areas Price on request.
- Glasgow, Edinburgh, from £675 – Kilmarnock & Newcastle From £650 *Price will depend on carriage and Distance/Time*
- Newton Stewart £520 Sanquar £520 & Kirkcudbright £500
- The Lake District From £525 – £700, Hexam £575 & Appelby in westmoreland £575
Tartan Carriages are aware that all parties need conditions to give them protection and confidence.
1* All booking fees are to be paid within 10 working days to secure the booking.
2* Booking fees are non refundable in the event you need to cancel. Any money paid will not be refunded if you cancel as you entered into an agreement for Tartan Carriages to be available for the stated Date and Time.
However – we can try and return up to 50% of your booking fee, IF we are able to secure and be paid for any future booking for your stated Date and Time. It is our intention to be as flexible as possible, but the booking you took out stopped us booking someone else.
3* Bookings / Cancellations may be changed subject to availability.
4* Booking changes carry a £10 surcharge.
5* Balance must be paid within 30 days/ 1* Month.
6* Any Returned Cheques (Bounced) will carry a £30 charge – Made up of –
£20 penaulty Bank Charge to our account
£10 fuel charge for our 38 mile return journey to Dumfries from Annan to put in the Cheque.
7* If no booking fee has arrived by the 10th working day then we will assume you have no wish to continue with your booking.
8* Tartan Carriages DO NOT chase after you for booking fees, it is YOU’R responsibility to contact US.
9* We at Tartan Carriages reserve the right to cancel or stop a booking if we encounter rude behavior, abuse or excessive alcohol. Strictly NO Smoking
10* Anyone drunk or deemed drunk will invalidate their booking and will not be allowed to travel, This is one of our Insurance requirements and as such cannot be ignored.
11* All bookings must have a home phone number and an Email Address.
12* No animals such as dogs (However small) will be allowed on the carriage.
13* Folding Prams & Push chairs may be carried on the carriage within reason. (This must be stated at booking)
Tartan Carriages wishes to give you the best service and respects all of our customers wishes, by taking on a booking you abide by the rules – full and binding